April 28, 2014

Kaput

I think that when it comes to every blog on the internet there's that point where you have to say that's that. I think that time has drawn near for me on this blog. I've always said that if you could keep things under control you were. When something becomes an inconvenience or an issue. Then it's something to look at. I've always kept beer consumption under control and mainly restricted myself to drinking/sampling on weekends. Beer is not the problem when it comes to making this decision. It's time.

Since 2014 has began I've found saying each week that there's too much to do, but nowhere near enough time. Since I started posting on this blog during my last year of college I've made an effort to post four to I've times a week. That has dropped-off a bit since the turn of the calendar year. With the addition of writing for my cousin's radio show in California each Wednesday and preparations for writing a weekly article on a website he's working on. Also, I have a personal pact with myself to remain in shape by going to the gym multiple times a week. With all of that and the regular dealings of adult life I find myself sitting down to eat dinner around 9 p.m. on week nights after I get a post scheduled to pop up on here.

I've only been sick enough to ponder the possibility that I might die from it twice in my life. The first was September of 2011 when I first began posting on here. The second instance was this past weekend when I caught the fever from hell, shivered through half of the Penguins playoff game and had a severe pounding headache while my heart rate shot up dramatically. Saying I might have died is probably an exaggeration, but when you've never experienced a heart issue as such before your mind tends to wander. I shouldn't be putting things that aren't important in the grand scheme of things ahead of other important things in life such as my health and I've fallen into that crevice.

I feel like my crammed schedule has caused me excess stress and I feel like my experience this past weekend is a partial result of the lengths I've gone to get as much done as I can at the expense of over-working myself both physically and mentally. Some days I just want to come home from work and watch baseball. Posting has kind of deterred me from that. This is actually something I've thought about for the past three months or so, especially on those weeks in which I bothered to only get two blog posts up. Twitter is defined as a micro-blogging service and that's how I intend to express the random thoughts I have, beer included, from now on. So much easier as well as less time consuming and less stressful.

That being said, I've previously committed to hosting the July edition of The Session. I'll uphold that commitment as I think that's a good way to go out. Sharing the historical thoughts of others is a sort of pinnacle as the concept of history has always been one of my true loves. That Session post, the announcement as well as the round-up will be my last three posts on this blog. Speaking of historical moments, I'm almost positive that I've never posted twice on the same day in the near three years I've been posting here. This is possibly the first instance.

Cheers. You'll hear from me towards the end of June for my Session announcement.

No comments:

Post a Comment