April 25, 2014

More than Alright - DuClaw Sweet Baby Jesus


You know that years ago when microbrews first started being referred to as craft beer or the craft beer movement you fantasized about a beer that reminded you of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. At least you most likely did if you didn't know of a brew pub that didn't dabble in that kind of thing already.

The peanut butter was extremely pungent in the aroma. It kind of hit me hard when I popped the bottle cap off. I went in a bit closer and abruptly proclaimed "Holy God!" I then read on the side of the bottle (I love bottles with little stories on them) and learned afterwards that the brewers yelled something similar upon finishing this brew for the first time and hence the thing's name.

Sweet Baby Jesus was very dark, roasty yet smooth. It actually played light once I started to drink it though. The peanut/peanut butter flavor isn't as pronounced in the taste. I really wanted to just toss a handful of Reese's Pieces in the glass. Still, this brew was like an already melted Reese's Cup. So happy that DuClaw now has beer in the Pittsburgh market.

"Jesus is just alright with me. Jesus is just alright, oh yeah." - Doobie Brothers in Jesus is Just Alright

No comments:

Post a Comment