February 13, 2014

Holy Thursday: From the Source

"Where is thine ale concocted from?"

You know what? For being "snobby" "geeky" and "bratty" about my beer and the vessels in which I consume it out of over the last few years, I have also become lazy in a few aspects. Lazy in what department? That would be getting my beer in growlers.

I have three growlers on my current premises. That only gets me beer from two establishments - Blue Dust and East End Brewing. I have two growlers from East End. That's actually pretty sad for someone that prides himself on trying a lot of different styles and brews as well as boasting about the local beer around Pittsburgh.

I mean just think about what I've been missing here. Roundabout Brewery just opened up in Lawrenceville. Full Pint and Rivertowne are just a 20 minute drive or so from where I am. All three of which fill growlers. Yea, I can find some of their brews on draft at some pub around the city, but there's just something about going to the source and bringing a fresh growler back to enjoy in the comfort of home.

Here's to getting out there and exploring more than I used to.

No comments:

Post a Comment