February 2, 2014

Monday Rant (On a Sunday): Feeling Super

I rarely write a post on this blog on the day of, but I feel that a Monday Rant about Super Bowl Sunday is probably best written and read on the day of. Even though my beloved Pittsburgh Steelers fell miserably short for a second year in a row, I actually feel at ease this year for the big game.

Remember, the last two NFL playoffs have been miserable for a Steelers fan. I mean come on. Take into account San Francisco on the verge of tying them in Super Bowls, New England is always knocking on the door and with Baltimore last year. Don't even get me started. To make a long story short, I can watch the game in actual relaxation this year.

I've been working on a pork shoulder since this morning. It's rubbed, roasted, pulled and simmering in the slow cooker. I'm also going to start work on some form of a nacho dish momentarily. I went to Blue Dust just down the road and bought a mixed six pack. I've just opened a bomber bottle of red ale and have on some led Zeppelin as I type this up. Heaven, folks. 

The point is that I don't have a rant. I just hope the Seahawks win this one so that the complaining from Super Bowl XL ends. Also, to the fans of teams that came up a lot closer than my Steelers - Don't worry. The depression sets in about half-way through the fourth quarter. Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment