February 26, 2014

Thyme to Go

I've come close to being so with a few instances of sinus pressure or a scratchy throat for a few hours, but I haven't had a cold/flu/allergies in almost two years. I've never felt like doing the research to find out exactly why and there are a couple Journalism professors at Slippery Rock that would disown me for saying that. On second thought, they might not even be that surprised.

I've always argued that it's one or even two things - Ricola cough drops and beer. I've long written about and argued that beer is beneficial to ones health when consumed moderately. Which means not being completely fixated and downing six beers every night for an extended period. Beer has some good nutrients as well. It definitely can be beneficial when done correctly.

Every time I felt potential for nasal congestion of a dry or scratchy throat I pop in one of those Ricola cough drops. Who knows. I could just be off of the deep end already. Still, the two can be a pharmaceutical combination for the ages. One thing that Ricola does have (the original ones) is thyme. Look the next time you see a bag. Says so right on the front. I never once thought of a way to possibly combine the two into a single thing.

Well, that was until I came across a tweet about one of Dogfish Head's adventurous and creative inventions. Quite interesting. Cheers to good health.

No comments:

Post a Comment